Thursday, June 01, 2006

So Uninspired...

I really didn't realize how long it has been since I posted. Sorry. I have no real excuse - I think I just would come home a little tired some nights, uninspired on other nights, and then there was the whole Idol finale. I loved it! I was really surprised at how entertaining the show was - and I'm so relieved that Taylor won. My biggest pet peeve now is that Kathryn is traveling with him, so he doesn't really get the "winner" spotlight. She's always blabbing about her stuff, and he never gets a word in! She also seems to minimize the accomplishment of winning by saying that it doesn't really matter that she came in 2nd - she gets a car and a record deal anyway. That bothers me. Taylor has shown some class, though, in the few interviews that I've actually heard him speak.

So, family news? Jeffrey and Alisha are having a little girl in October. I think initially they wanted a boy, but of course, they are excited. I am, too, because it's so much more fun to buy little girl clothes. You know it's true.

We didn't have Mutual on Tuesday night, but my girls wanted to do something anyway. So they came over to the house and watched "The Work and the Glory" - 2nd one. It was pretty good, and they were so "into" it - the drama, the sadness, the violence. In other words, it bothered them. They are so innocent. They all brought treats and I provided the drinks. Emma was here, too. She loved being with all the big girls and they were really sweet with her.

We went to the cemetary on May 20th, which is my dad's birthday. He would have been 76 - we thought about trombones, at least I did. While at the cemetary, we also visited Ted's grave. On June 9th, it will be 7 years since he passed away. He would have really enjoyed Courtney and Hayden, Andy's kids.

On a lighter note, I very much enjoyed Da Vinci Code - the movie. Understanding that the movie is never as good as the book, I thought it showed well. The very end, when Langdon goes back to the Louvre and kneels down, really moved me, for some reason. I felt that he was paying his respects to Mary, and the people who had protected her throughout the years.

Back to work for me. Love to all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Glad to hear from you Judy. We were all starting to worry about you.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home