Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Another Wednesday

We got back from Dallas on Monday evening. It was a very fun weekend - seeing cousins, children of cousins, and most importantly, going to the dentist. I went to see Uncle Jess on Friday, thinking I had a cavity or a filling that needed to be replaced. Turns out I had a cracked tooth - not what I was expecting. It wasn't too bad, but bad enough that it needed a crown. So right away he started prepping for the crown. That involved a needle and a drill, a little blood and drool, and I ended up with a stubby little temporary nubbin of a tooth. And by the way, he says, don't chew on that side. Don't think I ever really do, but found out that when I chew I have to "toss around" my food to the other side for a second. So now I have to concentrate on NOT chewing on that side. I went back on Monday to get the impression done for the crown. Turns out this involves more needles, some sort of string with bitter stuff on it which retracts the gum, more poking, more blood, a little more pain than I planned on. But thankfully I got a piece of gauze in my mouth that acted as a spit sponge. The actual impression procedure was relatively painless. I get to go back in a few weeks for the permanent crown - yippee! Actually, I'm thankful that I have a dentist in the family - several, in fact - that I trust. I'd like to announce that I didn't get one sniff of laughing gas! That was what I was looking forward to the most! I'd also like to say that it's very difficult to look "cool" when your lips are numb and you've been sitting in the dental chair for an hour or so. No matter how hard you try, you look like you've just dropped a few points on the ol' IQ. Because I know you all want to know, I'll give you the crown update in a few weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

When you click on the link (the word slideshow) you probably will need to install a tiny bit of software. There will be a tiny little shield thing that you click on and then choose the option that says install. It seems harder than it is, but the show is worth the effort!! Let me know if you need more help.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home