Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666

Just another Tuesday. Tonight is Mutual - we are still doing preparations for Girls Camp in a couple of weeks. I am not going, although I do have a tent. It's just too hot for camping - especially if I don't have to. I think I'll drive up on Friday evening and be there on Saturday morning to help drive the girls home. Last Saturday, Mom was reading the Provo newspaper online and found out that Taylor Hicks, the American Idol winner, will be performing at Stadium of Fire. She came out of the office with a new purpose in life - she is bound and determined to be there in Provo for that show! I called our cousin, Taylor Macdonald, to see if we could still get tickets - no problem. So we are going up, but only for one day. The show is on Saturday night, which means we'll leave here Friday afternoon, drive straight through, see the show on Saturday, and come home Sunday morning. Mom is so excited - and honestly, so am I! We might get to meet him, or at least see him up close. I'm trying to think of something charming to say to him, but more than likely it will end up like the wicked step-mother and sisters meeting the Prince in Cinderella. One of those times when I know I'll make an impression, but the entirely wrong kind. Best advice to myself? Keep my mouth shut and just enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to figure out why in the world you would title your post 666. At least grab some Cafe Rio when your in Utah. Although coming from Arizona that might not be so exciting. By the way I tasted Mayan Chocolate. Very Good!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah W. said...

Is there any room on that "Soul Train" for me and my "Soul Patrol?" I'll bring my harmonica and we can twitch and dance in the car together!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Amy and Brad said...

Judy we always have room at our house to stay if you need a place. I know Taylor is close by but I have two free beds and we will be in town.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Glad you guys are coming up here, even if it is for only a day! I was thinking of not going to the stadium, hmmmm...maybe I will fight the traffic once again.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home