Friday, June 23, 2006

This and That

I can't believe how much has happened since last week! First of all, my hat goes off to Andy Goodwin for taking on the task of organizing a Corbett Family Reunion! As you may have noticed, there is a lot of excitement to have this happen. And finally, the Dallas Taylor's are starting to get involved in the email communication. That, in and of itself, is a miracle! So now we take on the task of choosing a place and time. This should be interesting - but fun!

The heat has been unbelieveable here in Arizona! Yesterday on my way home, the outside temp was 108! It's tough, but you know what? We have air conditioning, there's very little humidity and it only lasts for 3 months. So we tough it out. I moved here in 1983 - directly from a beautiful Canadian Spring! What a shock! But somehow I've made it for 23 years. Don't worry, though, I'm still a Texan at heart. If anyone asks where I'm from? Texas!

I got the scoop from Cathy Melchin on how she broke her foot. It seems that she was trying to imitate one of those "lyrical" moves on "So You Think You Can Dance?" I guess that would make her answer "I used to." It really surprises me though, because she was so good in the "Chicken Dance" category. One really shouldn't try to dance out of one's element, should one? But she is taking care of that foot - staring at it intently - demanding that it heal itself! I know we all wish her well, but mostly, we wish we could have seen the actual fall! Come on! Admit it! Even though she got hurt, I'm sure it was a little funny to see - a la "America's Funniest Home Videos". She doesn't know I'm telling the real story, though, so if you talk to her, she'll probably use the cover story of falling out Amy's front door! Yeah, right!

Guess what? We get to play with the little girls again tonight! Sarah and Jared are going out. It's a real win/win situation, I think. We love having them and I think they enjoy being at our house. It will involve books, puzzles, a little dancing (no lyrical), and more than likely, The Wizard of Oz. Sadee has latched on to Zack. She pulls out the video and he turns it on - they sit on the couch and watch the movie. She is not afraid of Zack.

Look forward to the conference call this weekend with the Reunion Committee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home