Monday, June 12, 2006

Fancy Knots

Yellowstone Manor
A few weeks ago our cousin, Robin, came down to visit from Utah. She is Taylor's daughter. They had been going through some of Aunt Sadie's things, and came upon a bag with an unfinished afghan in it. She brought it down to me, thinking I could finish it. I was a little worried that I would not be able to match the yarn. But last week I came up with an idea: I found 2 other colors of yarn that will compliment the color Aunt Sadie started. I'll crochet one color, and Mom will crochet the other. Then we can give the afghan back to Taylor - a blankie made by his mother, his aunt and his cousin. I thought it seemed like a nice idea. And by the way, I've been working on Sean's blankie - I'm hoping to be finished before it snows again in Calgary. Imagine how fun it is to work on a huge blankie in Arizona - in the summer! But you know it's for a good cause!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

I need a new one. Mom took over my pink one, and since my house is red, it wouldn't go anyway!!! Hint hint...crimson red...hint hint:)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Hey now, Melinda can't have one until I at least get one....lol. Sounds like you will be busy for awhile. I feel so left out,..I am only kidding. That sounds like a great idea. I am sure Taylor is going to love it. Have fun working on that. Take care and have a good day!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Judy Taylor said...

I love it!!! I will go shopping for yarn tonight. I always have several projects going on at the same time, anyway. I'm working on 3 right now - a couple of rows on Seans, a couple on Taylor's and I'm just starting one for Jeff and Alicia's baby. Melinda and Kathy, you are both SOOOOO subtle. You know, I call my afghans "Hugs from Judy". Everybody needs one of those!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah W. said...

Poor Judy!!! When will you even get a "hug" from yourself. I guess you have to make your own afghan. Or I'll make you one and you make me one. What am I saying? Like I want to wrap up in an afghan here in Arizona. YUCK!!!!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home