Monday, June 26, 2006

Technology

Last night I took another step forward into the Technology Age. We are trying to organize a Corbett Family Reunion for next summer and last night we had a conference call over the computer. Really weird, but really cool. There were several cousins involved, and lots of input. But I'm still amazed at the technology. When I was trying to get a reunion together a couple of years ago, I referred to my mother's notes from the reunion we had in 1992. All the communication was via the US Mail - the family was probably half the size it is now. So to say that there have been a few changes in the last 14 years is a huge understatement. But nothing can replace actual contact - a hug from a cousin you haven't seen for years. Who can explain the satisfying feeling of knowing that you have extended family who loves you? I think we all know the explanation, but it's still something that is so gratifying yet difficult to put into words. All I know is that wherever it is, whenever it is, I will be at that reunion! Hope to see everyone there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

That's the spirit Judy!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

When is the next one, did you guys decide that while on the phone? Sorry, I missed it. I forget where Ann Marie lives, even tho I remember the general area.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home