Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Bought a Tent!

Yes, I did. I decided to browse at Sam's during lunch yesterday, and you know how easy it is to just browse at Sam's. Well, I found some cute dresses for the girls, that's a given. And I bought some Trail Mix, the good kind with M&M's. And then I wandered down the "seasonal" isle, the one that might have Christmas stuff in the winter. Well, this time of year it has pool things and all kinds of outdoor equipment. For some reason, I always wanted a tent, but not just a tent. I wanted a nice tent. So I got one with 3 rooms! I almost bought a sleeping bag, too. But I resisted. The tent is really cool - I justified the purchase by deciding that Jeff and Ross and Zack can use it this weekend on the Father/Son's Campout. J and R came over last evening to practice setting it up in our back yard. It was pretty easy, as tents go. But it was so empty - how sad! It needs some camping equipment to put inside. I told Jeff we need to find a really nice spot to camp - one with nice shade trees, soft grass, a nice stream or pond nearby, and a cool breeze. Preferably just down the block from the motel! If we can find that spot, I'll go camping. I love the idea of camping, but the truth is, it makes me crabby. So I'll get a comfortable chair and a nice mattress to sleep on, and I can't forget the cook stove. Sounds like fun - for a couple of days. But, for now, I have a tent!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

A tent is very exciting and useful if you have to escape into the hills when the pandemic hits. PS Christensens are blogging.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

Just set it up in the backyard and you're set.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

I will need to get into your account in order for me to take a look...why don't you email me your account name and password and I'll see what I can do...Luke

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home