Monday, April 24, 2006

Honestly, I got a little overwhelmed last week - trying to read everyone's blog, and I was so excited about everyone "coming together" on the Corbett Family blog, then there was a possible problem. So I had to leave the world of blogging for a few days. I think my brain was truly on overload, and I don't really understand the technology (I've tried reading Scott's warm, fuzzy tech message a few times, but still don't get it). I hope I didn't mess anybody up by setting up the Corbett site - I see that Andy Goodwin was able to post, but I'm not sure how he did it. So I don't have any suggestions. Andy is another "scott", though, so I guess he was able to figure it out. I'd love to be able to put up some photos of Granny and Gramps, but then you know my abilities in that area.

So my weekend was way too quick! I had a selfish day on Saturday - a facial, my nails, and my hair. You should see me - I look maaahvelous! Whatever...

I found out last Friday night that one of the girls from my old ward, who was in my Mia Maid class, is having some real problems. Her mother called me and filled me in. She (the mother) had been talking with her bishop to see what could be done. He asked her if there was anyone in the ward that might have influence over the daugher, and mom answered no. That night she said she was pondering the situation and my name popped into her head. Her daughter really seemed to like me and even called me "Mom", cause she said I was like a 2nd mother to her. She (the daughter) always made a big show whenever she saw me. So I have to say that I was truly stunned to hear that she had moved out of her parents house, shortly after her 18th birthday. I found out where she works, so I went to the mall on lunch today to see if I could run into her at work. She wasn't there, but I'll keep trying. I'm little nervous about how I'll be received, but I don't think she'll be negative. I do have a little advantage knowing something of the situation, so I can ask some direct questions and hopefully not be caught off guard. I have been thinking about this ever since I spoke to her mom. This girl is one that I would never have worried about - I guess that's a lesson for me. Always be worried - always be aware that even the solid kids need constant support and reminders that the line is thin. I looked at the girls in my Beehive class yesterday and wondered which ones would have problems. It made me sad. Must keep trying - must keep hoping - must keep praying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

It's not hard to imagine how someone could see you as their second mother...their utha mutha if you will!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Hey Judy, I'm glad you're enjoying the toe. Mom still can't get into her blog. I think I'm going to have to set her up a new one. I set one up for Amy it's amyritchie.blogspot.com. I've been doing all the posts so far. She can't access until Brad takes off the cookie thing and he's still in China.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home