Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Hate Yesterday!

Well, I got in my car to leave for work yesterday morning and realized that my purse was not in the car. I park my car in the garage, and I ususally leave my purse in the car. So, a little mystified, I went back in the house to see if just maybe I took it in. I didn't. Then I noticed that the passenger door to the car was closed, but not all the way. The side access garage door was also closed, but not all the way. I went out that door, and noticed that the gate to the back yard was closed, but not all the way. So, using my CSI skills, I deduced that someone came through the gate, opened the garage door and took my purse. My CD case was also taken - not too worried about that since it was mostly oldies. I spent most of the morning yesterday calling the bank and cancelling cards. I also had to get a new Driver License. The only ID I am carrying around with me right now is my new Sam's Club card - hope the cops take it! There was no cash in my wallet - surprise! Anyway, it's a real bummer! It makes me angry at the world because I don't know who it was, and I blame everyone! What gives them the right? The police took a report, but there's really nothing they can do. A few online purchases were attempted, but I think I froze the accounts in time. The jerk was attempting to buy games online. I think I'm most upset because now I have to buy new lip gloss - I think I lost about 3 or 4 tubes! I realize this isn't the worst situation, but it is really really really frustrating. Who knows what the future could hold? This could be the beginning of identity theft...lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

That is brutal! Hopefully it's someone who is too stupid for identity theft.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

It's me!!!! I now how something to show for my blog. We just got back from a cruise and I've been playing around to get some pictures for viewing. I'm sooo sorry about your purse:(

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home