Monday, September 18, 2006

Peer Pressure?

Do you ever wonder if anyone knows who you are? I don't - not anymore. Blogging is an interesting study in human "interaction". Most of us are a little concerned that our lives are not "blogworthy". Nevertheless, we find the gems in our daily existence to share with others - and to our surprise, there are people out there that appreciate even the mundane. After all, it's not the "big events" that paint the true picture of our lives - it's the little things, the day to day living. We put those events out there to show others that we are not just robots. So I am not a robot, and I also have a day to day life. And I love knowing what is going on in the lives of my family, thus, I read their blogs everyday. I have been shamed into blogging more often. But I also want to tell you that my heart is full - seriously - knowing that I am missed, even if it's just a little.

So, here goes. I would like to apologize for the heavy nature of my last entry. You know that most of the time I am upbeat - but again, the blog shows what is happening in my life and that was how I felt that day. Last week I did things like show my house-for-sale to a friend who seems to be interested - if she can sell her condo, that is. It is imperative that I sell this house for so many reasons, but mainly so I don't have to spend any more $$ on it. I also went to Mutual on Tuesday. Have I mentioned before that I love the young women in my class? I also got my personalized licence plate. I won't tell you what it says, but hopefully I can post a photo of it. I think it's cute. Our Stake was split yesterday - an indication that there is still some growth going on in this area. We are now in the Chandler East Stake. There were some ward realignments in preparation for the Stake split and we were fearful that we would lose some of our people, but instead we gained - and we got 2 new Beehives in our class. With birthdays coming up, we will have 17 by the end of the year. Then we will start losing them to those Mia Maids!

I am busy working on a dark blue afghan for a certain very skillful dentist I know! It's huge! If I were smart, I'd put the afghan on the table and walk around the table as I crochet. I'm hoping that it won't be too cold too soon up in Calgary. I had to take a little break while I worked on a couple of pink ones for babies that are arriving. I'm also looking for the right shade of Crimson Red - haven't quite nailed that one yet. And I'm not sure what color I need for Colorado, but I have a little time for that! I love to crochet with a purpose - so I'll take orders. I cannot guarantee a completion date, but I promise to crochet with love! I saw a baby blanket at Deseret Book just like the ones I make and they were selling for $80! Are you serious? Hey, it's not that difficult. I should put little stickers on the blankets that say "Call me - I'll do it for half this price!" But then I'd be under so much pressure! And I don't need pressure.

So I'm watching Survivor - even with all the controversy! I'm just glad that it's only on 1 night each week. I watched Big Brother and it was on 3 times - that was way too much. I'm not really into the Dancing, but my mom is, so I'm sure I'll see it here and there. I decided that I really have to limit the Reality shows that I watch cause I could go nuts! I think I'll keep it to American Idol, Big Brother and Survivor. Now, if they decide to do another Bachelor, I may be in trouble. I don't really watch that much TV, but I do love CSI and Without A Trace.

I think it was under 100 degrees this weekend. The way we can tell if it's cooling off is by the evening temps. When it starts to be really nice in the evening, we know that relief from the heat is not far off. But we do use our AC a lot.

Haven't seen a movie lately, so no comment there. I should just tell you what movies look interesting to me - that's about as far as I get. Have you all read Zack's blog? I have a link so it's really easy. He has pictures from our Vegas adventure. He hasn't blogged the Idol Concert yet.

For now, adios. I guess if I blogged more often, I wouldn't write so much. Can I just say that one of the reasons is that our internet at home has been rather sluggish lately. Wish I knew a good geek with lots of skills!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Yay! That was an excellenct blog. The dentist will be so excited about his blankie. We too are watching survivor. Go_______ Go! I'm still working on the tune. You know when you can feel it in your head but you can't quite get it. Dec 1rst Banff Springs... tell your friend to buy your house.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Judy Taylor said...

The tune? Think "garden"....

3:30 PM  
Blogger Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Did you know that Bachelor in Rome starts in two weeks? I just saw a commercial on t.v. for it tonight.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Christensen said...

Judy, we find out if it's a boy or girl on Oct. 30. I'll be sure to place my order. It just wouldn't seem right without a blanket from Judy! :) What's all this talk about Banff??? I want to come.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home