Thursday, July 20, 2006

Midlife Crisis?

 
Not on your life! I got a Bug! I've been looking at these cute little cars since they came out a few years ago. I had one in high school back in the days of the trunk in the front, engine in the back, and battery under the back seat. Becky and I drove home from Provo to Dallas in 1977 in that little '74 Beetle without any air conditioning. It was soo much fun! Anyway, last week, the "planets aligned" and I called the dealer, went for a test drive, did the paperwork and drove it home. Quite a switch from the van. But don't despair - the van is not far away. My mom is driving it. The color of the car is...any guesses? Aquarius Blue - that's the official color. The top is dark gray. It has A/C but it's still a little too warm to ride with the top down these days. Come October, it will be wonderful. It is so cute and it's fun to ride in. I feel a little small on the freeway, but I can zip in and out when I need to. Anyway, I thought you might like to see the photos. And if this is truly a mid-life crisis, then I'm living to be 100!

 
  Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Oh, my goodness...and you even have the cute little flowers that go in it. Wow, this purchase isn't Honda. Your being a rebel. Have fun with it.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

That's sooo fun! I love it! That was worth the wait from Wednesday. Good work. And we'll miss you and Amy while we're at the lake :(

7:11 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

I love it! I want to have a mid-life crisis too.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Judy Taylor said...

I was a little surprised myself, not getting a Honda. But nobody has a bug this cute except VW! Lara, tell Sean you really, really need one!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Amy and Brad said...

Judy I love the car! What a fun blog today. Hopefully we will see it in October at conference.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah W. said...

Who's that crazy woman driving that car. I hope I am not on the same road as she is!!! Especially since she is going through one of those mid-life crisis things.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmm...not sure if vic and I were counted somewhere in the reunion totals for our family. Need to know, so I can let Anne Marie know if I need to. Please let me know either way. Vicandkathy@excite.com

10:49 AM  
Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

When is the mid life crisis going to be over so you post again? Shheesh!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home