Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Crikey...

Last night we watched the memorial service for The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. Very touching, very moving. At the end, they had one of his guys pack up his truck and drive it out of the arena for the last time...so sad. It must be so wonderful for his family to have all the filmed memories of his life, but nothing can replace having him there. Interesting how he touched so many lives, and that his death has been felt so deeply.

Now, on to lighter topics: We had combined Mutual last night and played black light volleyball. It was kind of fun - but a little disorienting. We had 3 teams, so while 2 were playing, the other went into a classroom with one of the counselors in the bishopric and listened to a little lesson on "Light" - darkness is passive, light is active. You have to work to keep the light. We have good kids. They play together really well - everybody participates.

Alisha's baby shower is tomorrow night. She told Sarah that she has always wanted one of those "cakes" made with diapers, so Sarah has been working on that. Alisha looks so cute - she's one of those women who doesn't really look pregnant, except for the little bump in the front. She has a tall dancer's build - not fair!

We haven't seen the little girls for over a week! I don't know how that happened - well, I do, but it just seems like a long time. I'm sure they've grown a couple of inches.

I tried another flavor of Ben and Jerry's - Magic Brownies. It's vanilla ice cream with a ribbon of raspberry and a huger ribbon of fudgy brownie stuff. It's a bummer though if you get a carton with a smaller ribbon of brownie! That's what makes it all good. I also got Dublin Mudslide, but haven't tasted it yet. It's Irish Cream ice cream with cookie bits and a fudge ribbon, I think. Do you see the pattern?

Last Sunday afternoon, I had a teeny tiny nap on the couch in the basement. When I fell asleep, Becky was in her room, and Mom and Zack were upstairs, napping also, I suppose. The phone rang, I answered, it was Jennifer, asking for Mom. I called upstairs but nobody answered. So I hung up and ventured upstairs. Ross was on the couch watching TV, Jeanette was on one computer and Jeff was on the other. Zack was in his room, but Mom and Becky were nowhere to be found. I assumed they had gone Visiting Teaching. A few minutes later Jennifer called to let us know that Mom and Becky were at the emergency room. Becky had been fighting a mirgraine since the evening before. She had taken all the medication allowed, but it wasn't getting better. So she thought it best to go early in the evening to see what could be done so that she would be able to go to work on Monday. They got home a little after 10. She felt better - no migraine, but she said she felt a little goofy from the meds. She gets those about twice a month and usually she can treat it herself.

That's all for now. Better get back to work!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

Judy, I need your help! I just got put in Young Women's with the Beehives and I need some fun ideas of what to do with them. Mom says you're the expert and I need to ask you. Could you email me a list of some things that they liked? I would love that! My email is melinpalmer@gmail.com. Thank you, thank you!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Melinda Palmer said...

Oh, and I'm very glad Becky is ok.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

So many topics to comment on. First am I a bad person to think that's what you get when you're the crodile hunter. I'm sure Kerri is going to be one of those disgusting thin pregnant people. I things she's gained 4 pounds. I can't believe you ever go that long without seeing the girls. Rude to talk about Ben and Jerry's flavors that we Canadians cannot access and finally that sucks to get such brutal migraines. Hope you're doing ok Becky!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

ignore the typos, you know what I mean

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home